Executive Director and EuroMeSCo "liaison officer": Mustapha Kamel Al-Sayyid
PID was established as a private company by a number of Egyptian experts, university professors, international civil servants and businessmen known for their concern with issues of development. They build on the experience of successfully running a research center at Cairo University, which had acquired an international reputation under their leadership.
PID is committed to accomplish the following activities:
- Research on economic, social and cultural development issues, on the initiative of its own staff and under contractual arrangements.
- Training workshops in the fields of specializations of PID.
- Disseminating findings of its research as widely as possible, particularly to decision-makers, development think tanks, media outlets and concerned civil society organizations.
- Providing a forum for debating development issues of concern to Egypt, Arab and developing countries.
- Cooperation with similar think tanks and research centers in developing and developed countries.
Areas of work
- Assessment of structural adjustment programs
- Poverty alleviation and income distribution
- Financial analysis and feasibility studies
- Project evaluation and corporate governance
- Budget analysis, transparency and accountability
- Human rights and transition from authoritarianism in the Arab World
- Corruption studies and good governance
- Impact assessment of public policies
- Peace studies and conflict resolution
- Governance and local development
- Developmental role of civil society
Membership to other networks
Arab Organization for Human Rights
Arab Political Science Association
18 Jole Jamal Street, Mohandeseen
Phone: 00202-330-350-19 // 00202-330-530-78
If you would like to contact the focal point of this institute, please write to