President: Carles Gasòliba
Director: Jordi Bacaria
EuroMeSCo "liaison officer": Eduard Soler i Lecha
Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB) is a dynamic team of analysts and documentalists who aim to offer political players – from ordinary citizens to international organisations – information and ideas that help to shape policies that promote a safer, freer and more just world for all.
Areas of work
Mediterranean, Turkey, European Foreign Policy and relations with its immediate neighbours, Security Sector Reform, Intercultural dynamics, Migration Policy in Europe, The international relations of cities and regions, EU enlargement.
Objective of the Euromed / Middle East programme
CIDOB’s research and activities are fully anchored and coherent with Euromesco’s goals. Specifically CIDOB deals with:
(1) the study of multilateral cooperation initiatives with particular emphasis on European and Spanish policies towards this area;
(2) evolving security agenda, human security and regional conflicts
(3) domestic politics of Southern and Eastern Mediterranean countries.
• International Seminars on Security and Defence in the Mediterranean
• Notes Internacionals
• Revista CIDOB d’Afers Internacionals
Membership to other networks
- INEX Project
- EU4Seas Project
- Anna Lindh Foundation - ALF
- Migration Integration Policy Index - MIPEX
- European Web Site on Integration - EWSI
- European Policy Institutes Network on the Future of Europe Debate - EPIN
C/Elisabets, 12 08001
If you would like to contact the focal point of this institute, please write to