President: Abdelhamid El-Zoheiry
EuroMeSCo "liaison officer": Petra Zagoricnik Marinic
Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI) University is an international university based in Slovenia. It represents one of the six projects of the Mediterranean Union, which were confirmed within the common declaration and adopted in Paris on 13 July 2009. The mission of EMUNI University is above all:
• In approving the quality of higher education with study and research
• Programmes with new innovative solutions in the Euromed region on priority fields of UfM.
Areas of work
Intercultural dialogue, de-pollution of the Mediterranean, maritime and land highways, civil protection, alternative energy, higher education and research, the Mediterranean business development initiative.
Objective of the Euromed / Middle East programme
• Is invested with the mandate of developing postgraduate and research programmes and thus contribute to the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Higher Education, Science and Research Area, through a cooperation network of partner institutions and existing universities from the Euro-Med region.
• Intends to advance excellence through faculty and graduate student diversity which will focus on personal experiences, values, worldviews, and circumstances that arise from differences among other characteristics in the Euro-Mediterranean sphere in line with the Barcelona Process and the Union for the Mediterranean.
Membership to other networks
- Anna Lindh Foundation - ALF
- United Nations Alliance for Civilizations - UNAOC
- Association of Arab Universities
- International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies - CIHEAM
- The European Forest Institute Mediterranean Regional Office - EFIMED
- Euro-Mediterranean Parliament Assembly - EMPA
- European Training Foundation - ETF
- Institut de Prospective Economique du Monde Mediterraneen - IPEMED
- Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean - PAM
Tyre Foundation (MoU), EPUF, IEMed
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization - UNESCO
Membership in: EUA, IMHE, IUA, EAIE, ACA, EURASHE
Soncna pot 20,
6320 Portoroz, Slovenia
Phone: +386 59 25 00 50
If you would like to contact the focal point of this institute, please write to