Director: Prof. Dan Miodownik
EuroMeSCo “liaison officer”: Alfred Tovias
The Leonard Davis Institute for International Relations promotes scientific research in the theory and practice of international relations, adopting a broad interdisciplinary perspective. The Institute distributes scholarships (including post-doctoral scholarships for students from all around the world), research grants, organizes international conferences, and publishes books and other publications in Hebrew and in English, and an academic journal in Hebrew ("Politika").
Areas of work
International Trade in Services; Role of Diasporas in Peace and Conflict; Existential Threats and Civil-Security Relations.
Objectives of the Euromed/Middle East programme(s)
• Research on the Foreign and Defence Policy of Israel
• Research on Foreign and Defence policies of MENA countries
• Peace negotiations
• Resettlement of Refugees
• Diaspora politics
• International Law and the Middle East conflict
• Arab Israelis
The Director as well as the research associates of the Institute can contribute to the work of EuroMesco in the above-mentioned fields.
Membership to other networks
- Thematic Network of European Studies - SENT
- Forum Euroméditerranéen des Instituts de Sciences Économiques - FEMISE
- Anna Lindh Foundation - FAL
Mount Scopus Campus
Alfred Davis Building
The Hebrew University
If you would like to contact the focal point of this institute, please write to